jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home Owners!!!

We got our house yesterday!! We started ripping up all the carpets immediately. We knew there was wood floor underneath but we had no idea what kind of condition it was in. Luckily it was beautiful.

The kitchen is very small but actually better than we remembered. The bathroom is worse than we remembered. Who carpets bathrooms? Disgusting. We were going to put off redo-ing the bathroom but it might need to happen sooner.

We spent all day yesterday pulling out staples and little carpet holder-in-ers which can only be described as torture devices. The have spikes on every single side. Our weak little dork hands fit only for typing are now sore and calloused and bruised. I have matching bruises on each hand where I slammed part of my hand underneath the tine of the crowbar. You'd think I'd have learned the first time.

Today we're off to the paint store so we can transform the ugly fake paneling in the apt.

Here are some pics:




Look at our weird pull-out stove. Very retro. I thought it was horrible before but now its sort of growing on me.



I love love love the livingroom.


The linoleum is coming up....it might contain asbestos so we have to wait and ask someone REAL. Then we have to put on masks and hope for the best that we don't get a tiny asbestos barb lodged in our lungs. We had to sign a paper yesterday at the closing that basically stated that if there is lead paint in the house, we won't eat it. Done.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's adorable. I like the stove and the cabinet wood is really beautiful!
    The door arches are fabulous, you must preserve those in any remodeling.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the Indian-inspired arches. They make me hungry for Malai Kofta, Montana style. -josh

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT?! Jasmine got a house? That messes up my entire perception of you. What happened to the here today, gone tomorrow Jasmine I use to know? Oh well, I guess you're all grown up now!!

    -Carlos Velasco
    BTW, house looks cool, maybe one day I'll venture out of Southern Cali and go visit you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home