jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Humdrum

Elements of our life at the moment:

1. It was thinking about being spring. Until this morning when it snowed 3 inches. the high is supposed to be 39 so it better melt.

2. Ramen's new thing is to ram his head into my hand while i'm sleeping and demand that I pet his head. If I don't, I get the familiar whack. I've also been chasing him around the house trying to cut off his gross dreads. He doesn't like this. Because of said dreads, he has narly dandruff. Luckily, he's heartbreakingly adorable. Irma is neurotic and perfect.

3. We turned a spare computer into a tivo....its not quite finished yet because the tv tuner we have is crappy. The new one is getting here monday. The program also has local weather, news headlines, lets us watch slideshows of our photos on the tv, and play music accompanied by weird wiggly lines. Its pretty fun. The only thing that sucks is that its controlled by the keyboard which isn't wireless. BUT the new tv tuner(thing that goes into the computer) comes with a remote. Hurray! Now I can record all of the back episodes of project runway that play at 4am and I'll have antique roadshow up the wazoo!

4. Ah, sweet rejection. I haven't heard from all the schools yet but so far the news isn't good. For awhile I sunk into such a deep depression that Jared indulged virtually whatever I wanted. (You want to move to Arkansas, ok, lets look into it. Is it time to get candy?) So I guess its good for something.

5. We found and retrieved Jared's bike which was stolen a year ago out of our backyard. He spotted it in front of the UC and we dealt with a very old, beaurocratic security officer. Luckily, the bike shop where he got it originally still had record of the purchase and the serial number. We feel a little bad knowing that the person who was riding it might not have been the person who stole it, but oh well. stolen property and all that. On the same morning, Jared got banned from his video game for cheating using a robot. Now his obsessed with 'equivalent trade'.

6. I got rum flavoring on my phone charger and now its broken. So don't call me.

7. I made delicious enchiladas on friday. And by delicious, i mean I used a pound of cheese.

8. I got an Andy Warhol plate at target for $2.

9. I probably need a haircut. I haven't gotten one since August when I needed cheering up in the airport when I missed my flight home.

10. Dishes? Piling up since last weekend. Laundry? all over the floor. Bathroom? Smells like shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home