jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ahhhh Saturday Night

I got a message from my mom last night that said something to the effect of "its friday night and you're almost done with school, hope you're having fun."

In reply, let me list the books on my coffee table that are filled with multicolored post-its:

Analysis of Incomplete Multivariate Data
Applied Modern Statistics with S-plus
Introduction to Multiple Time Series Analysis
Introduction to Statistical Time Series
Generalized Linear Models

Some might call it fun. We've been working all weekend. In fact, we were at school when I recieved the call. We just took a break for some Queer Eye and now back to working, but with wine. I think that will increase productivity. See? Here I am...being productive...We're trying to write our respective projects/theses and we've been hit with the ultimate scientific kick in the face. Dull results. I guess its better than dull re-sluts, which is what I wrote the first time. No one likes a dull slut.

So, I got into UC Davis's epidemiology PhD program and we've decided to go. Jared is disappointed about giving up his program here and a little afraid to get his first job but I think we'll survive. I was in Davis for four days earlier this week. The program and the town seem great. Davis was voted the most bikable city in the country.

And there is an ikea.....look what I managed to bring home for the kitties:
They LOVE it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home