jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Friday, August 26, 2005

Hooray for Donkeys!!

The test is done. Well, no actually, I have to go in and do a computer part today. But the worst of it is over. At least until I fail it and have to retake it in January.

So! As a special treat for being done Jared gave me a surprise. He'd been telling me all week that he had a surprise for me and wouldn't give me any hints at all. We got in the car and started driving. After awhile, he made me close my eyes. He helped me get out of the car with my eyes shut. As we walked, I started to smell dust and hay and then manure.

HE TOOK ME TO THE PETTING ZOO!!!! It was spectacular! I didn't even know there was one...its this cute little place at the KOA campground. There are a ton of goats (baby goats even, with baby goat horns). Also ponies and a donkey. The ponies weren't very sociable but the donkey was great. Her head was so soft compared to the bristly goats. She kept eating sticks...is that weird?

I've been begging for a goat and a donkey. Realistically, I know I can't really have a goat rignt now since i'm in school and living in someone else's basement. But I'm trying to butter him up for the future. I could definitely have a little pygmy goat in the yard someday. Then I woudln't have to mow.

Everyone he told about the petting zoo just laughed but he knew that I would love it. He'd been telling me that I would love love love my surprise and that made it even harder to guess because he's not confident when it comes to gifts and such. But wow. He hit the nail on the head with this one. Now i'll be begging to go there all the time.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a nice guy to realize how much you like petting little farm creatures. :) It sounds like loads of fun and a great way to decrease your blood pressure.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! the petting zoo? Jared is awesome! congrats on being done with the test. Now it is time that you guys come and visit me in Seattle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home