jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am the worst blogger in history

So...I checked the dates. I have not updated my blog since May, as many of my friends pointed out last week. ok, so i'm going to try harder now. it might suck and everyone will stop checking it not because it doesn't change, but because it is so fricking mundane.

I just got back from my epic east coast trip...I will now attempt to chronologically commemorate the experience:

Flew to Laguardia on Tuesday the 2nd....Josh told me to get off on a subway stop that doesn't not exist. I was smart enough to get off the subway before I went over the brooklyn bridge (or under the east river, i'm not sure) but I did have to go up and down 9 trillion steps with a large suitcase in 99% humidity. Eventually I made it to Josh's trendy little lower east side neighborhood resplendent with boob sweat. Boob sweat continued to haunt me for the rest of my time in NYC.

You think, oh, brilliant a built in bra tank. I'l be so much cooler because I won't be wearing a bra in addition to a shirt. HAh! The error in that thought process is that you think of the bra merely as boob support instead of 3 gallon synthetic wicking receptical.

I at pizza at Grimaldi's, an apparently really famous pizza place in Brooklyn. I was unaware how famous until I saw it featured on law and order tonight and saw the place where I had ice cream after the pizza. And yes, it was hands down, the best pizza I have ever had. Unparalleled.





p.s. this photo is copyrighted...i'm not really sure where my responsibility lies...

So, also that week I spent a few hours and several hundred dollars at H&M. Can you blame me? I later returned a lot of it. The best thing was a pair of peacock feather earrings for $3.







I fell in love with sushi fast food at Teriyaki Boy...most lunch combos involve the word "boy." Tuna boy, sushi boy, salmon and tuna boy....I spent a considerable amount of time mopping sweat of my self with disappearing napkins. I think my sweat has some kind of radioactive power to dissolve napkins.

Josh and I rekindled our malai kofta/scrabble relationship, although he did get rather grumpy and competitive in scrabble. I think it was because his friend matt was there too. I always lose and I don't really mind. Then we drank and went to "The Cock," the gayest gay bar I have ever been to. We headed toward a dark corner and a guy stopped me and told me to go someplace else, that I was going to see things I didn't want to see. I told him I was fine with it and proceeded to giggle hysterically at the man swinging his cock around. At least I think thats what he was doing. There was one other girl in there and we screamed and pointed when we saw each other.

whoa! in an effort to post a picture of The Cock, I stupidly googled: "the cock" gay. Was that a feast for the eyes or what?

Ok, so I also hung out with Jamie and Brehan in New York and went to an amazing store called Evolution filled with fossils and shells and skeletons. I was tempted to buy everything that was sold in a small glass vial: killer bees, pearls, sea horses, etc...



I was going to have to take an awful route to block island that involved sitting in a small coastal town at 4am waiting for a 9am ferry but Brehan and Jamie (friends from montana, for those who don't know) offered to drive me back to connecticut with them and take me to a different ferry....so nice. They were like, its so close, we'll just drive you. I'm thinking close like 30 minutes. They're thinking close, like, 2 hours. I felt bad but....I was still really glad I wasn't sitting in Montauk at 4am. Especially after I went there.

Hmmm...so then I arrived on block island. I might should wait till I get some digi photoes before I write about this further....so thats the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home