jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Thursday, September 08, 2005

School Days

So, school has started. Everytime we go outside Jared claims it feels like school, something about the sun and the crisp air or something. He loves it and hates it at the same time. What can I say, the kid is mixed up.

I'm teaching a new class this semester, stats, which regardless of the comp I just passed, I really don't know anything about. So i'm always just marginally one step ahead of the game. I attend lectures, yet I find them so boring I fall asleep. I'm hoping things will get better.

I took the kitties to the vet yesterday....that was an experience. Jared and I have opposite schedules this year so I had to take them by myself. I put them in their little cardboard carriers, each with a fuzzy toy. I had cut some extra air holes in their carriers so they wouldn't be so hot and freaked out. I forgot that we have fierce little dudes who are impervious to cardboard. Ramen was out before I could get him in the car. I chased him into the bushes. Luckily, his method of defense when being chased is to lay down.

On the way there in the car, Irma escaped her carrier and LORD the noises. I have never heard anything like it. So upsetting. When I got there, I had to throw them inside individually and then go outside and turn off the car. The people in the vets office thought I was just throwing in cats and taking off.

And here's the kicker: Apparently, Ramen is too fat. We were blinded by our love for him and thought he was just big boned. Even more surprisingly, Irma is chubby. So now the kitties are on a diet. We have a chart above their food so Jared and I don't just take turns indescriminately scooping food into their bowls everytime Irma asks for it.

They were pretty good for the vet. But when I was trying to leave, I had this guy from the waiting room come with me to make sure that Ramen didn't escape the car when I put Irma in. I hadn't made it two steps out of the door before Irma starts freaking out and scrabbling and scratching me and leapt out of my arms and started running. The man dove into a bush and caught her and wrapped her up in his shirt. It was very adventurous.

Needless to say, we are going to be investing in a hardsided pet carrier in the near future.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home