jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Saturday, September 10, 2005

40lbs of veggies and a dysfunctional crisper

We went to "the world's largest garage sale" today. a better name would be "missoula's largest collection of damp junk in a parking garage." Most of the stuff was pretty bad but I got a new bike seat and an angel food cake pan all for $2.

Jared and I realized we'd reached fantasy dork heaven when we found a clock made of a giant shelacked (sp) piece of wood with a painting of a wizard riding a unicorn through space while fending off a dragon.

There was a whole creepy scenario at one particular stand where a young couple with a baby were looking at a keg. The dad was holding the baby while the tiny mom was freezing and carrying 50lbs of electronic equipment that looked to be recently purchased. They inquired about the keg to the creepy stand couple who replied that it still had beer in it. The man was super grissly and chainsmoking. The poodle permed, sweatpants lady claimed she used to drink until she had a stroke (she looks about 30).

Then my grandparents came to take us out to lunch. Jared hadn't met them yet and was sort of nervous. They arrived while he was taking a big dump which he didn't appreciate. They both had on head to toe denim and my grandpa was wearing a skater type fishing hat that said "TRUTH" on it. pretty intense.

I mentioned wanting to come work in the garden sometime this summer and never got around to it, so they brought me some veggies. I thought it would be just a few. It was a huge box I could hardly pick up. Potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and TONS of carrots. Our fridge is already packed to the gills and our crisper doesn't work....as in, the drawers don't really open. So, if anyone in town is reading this and needs a carrot or 50, let me know. All of this is in addtion to the corn i bought at farmers market 2 weeks ago and still haven't eaten because it sounds like too much work.

We took my grandparents out to Jared's grandparents' house so Frank could tell them about his yard and septic tank and actually have a captivated audience for once. My grandparents like yards.


2 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a wizard riding a unicorn through space while fending off a dragon? I WANT THAT! it will go really well next to my LOTR Trivial Pursuit Collector's Edition (christmas present from my boss) in my office. Can i please please please buy it from you for say 5 million dollars?

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jasmine! why didn't you buy the clock? you would finally be able to join the smelly girl club!
    -chelsea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home