jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rufus and Ramen

The most notable elements in my life in the last week have been Rufus Wainright's new album and Ramen wacking me in the face every 15 minutes after 8am.

On Rufus, the album is amazing. Antony from Antony and the Johnsons also makes an appearance which we love. There is a song that goes: "An old whore's diet gets me going in the morning," and damn does that song get us going in the morning. There's something about gay boys singing ballads about whores that really makes your morning better.

On Ramen, he has just been a giant pain in the ass lately. I love the little guy but I NEED TO SLEEP IN!!! He doesn't do it to Jared, he just wants ME up. He sits on me and meows and wacks my face with his paw. So today, I thought I'd outsmart him. I got out of bed, tired of hiding under the covers with no air and my own halitosis, and came out to the livingroom and went back to sleep on the couch. I thought he'd be satisfied because I was no longer in bed and in a different room. Whack. Apparently not.

He's just irritating everyone lately, even Irma.

On Comments: I LOVE THEM, BRING THEM ON but jimminy crickets! if you don't log in at least sign your comment so I know who the hell it came from. I've been having to do linguistic comparisons of syntax and you know I don't have time for that. Lots of law and order to watch and papers to grade.

ok, i have to go hold a baby now. i do it once a week for $5 for one hour. its a pretty sweet deal.

Latest kitty related injury: scraped my forehead on a branch trying to trap Irma and bring her back into the house after a foray in the yard. my students are going to think that my cats abuse me. or that i'm a giant klutz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home