jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The whacking continues....

Jared and I switched sides of the bed last night. Turns out that Ramen is partial to the side of the bed, not the actual recipient of his whacking. So this morning, it was Jared that got hit in the face with claws about 10,000 times starting at 7am. Lucky guy. He invented a face-blowing technique to ward off this behavior that appears to have some promise. I don't know how we're going to decide who sleeps where from now on since we know what the consequences will be. Perhaps we'll employ the sort of algorithm we used to decide where to go to school. Man do I love quantifying that which cannot be quantified.

Hmmm, in other news, I'm trying to figure out what to do my masters project on. One of our visiting professors has some data that she has been working on about radioactive contamination in England. One of the risky behaviors is eating "winkle"!!! so funny, even after I found out that winkle is a fish. The cool thing is that she said it would definitely be publishable in a small journal called "radioactive contamination in england" or something equally specific and obscure. Another option is working with something called EM Algorithms that are apparently incredibly slick and very hard to understand. We'll have to wait and see how tuff i am...


Jared's cousin is having twins very very soon and since I can no longer justify buying things for myself on Ebay, I've started shopping for lots of baby clothes. So fun! I'm trying to get like 100 onsies for a dollar. Is that weird?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home