jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bundle of Joy

Jared and I brought home a new bundle of joy this weekend. She's a little over 5lbs and so cute!

She also comes with a 6 month return policy, Intel Centrino, 60G of hardrive space, and 512mbRAM. Unfortunately, she came with a bunch of crap installed and I've already customized too many things to want to reinstall.


Please ignore the catywhompus slipcover....It is willful and difficult.

Jared and I are both sick and doing our best to take care of each other. We're living on oatmeal and tea and our house looks like a disaster. I have snot that is a lovely shade of deep celery coming out of every hole in my face. We demolished my birthday cupcakes....note the excessive cupcake papers.

Examples of said disaster:




Jared had a scary physics test this morning and he managed to quell his anxiety this weekend with a "success through failure" mantra. it was actually very effective. now that he's a graduate student, he still procrastinates work, studying, etc.... but he gets right to work worrying about the things he has to do. This is really fun for me. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the mantra.

I don't have much to do today which is marvelous. Just one very informal class on programming in R. I should be cleaning up the house and figuring out if I have homework but instead I'm blogging and screwing around with all the digital cameras in the house. Ooooh, I could write thank you cards which is not taxing and can be done while lying on the couch. It does not, however, involve my new baby and is therefore dropped from my options. Maybe I should do some scary grad school stuff like print forms for recommendations....Ugh, or maybe I should just read the new york times online.

My best idea yet would be to put on some clothes as it is 1:oopm and I am still in my pjs. I don't like any of my clothes right now. I need something crisp, yet comfortable, yet snappy, yet sophisticated. I'm fairly certain I don't own this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home