jasmine soup - ingredients subject to change

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Consumer Whore

Jared always accuses me/us of consumer whoredom because of our weekly trips to the strip mall land. It is hard to believe that a household of two people need to visit costco every weekend. What can I say, except we like hot dogs and we are able to drink 2 gallons of milk in a week.

The real whoredom roots from my Target glee. Purses, sunglasses, track pants, curtains, laundry baskets, and clearance, clearance, clearance. I always seem to want to shop in depth in the moments when jared's hunger/boredom/low shopping tolerance kicks in, so when we get in the door, i buy him a pretzal with nacho cheese. That usually does the trick.

This week, I went to Target alone knowing no amount of pretzals would satisfy jared for the duration of the aimless shopping I intended to do. I was let down in the clothing department and housewares isn't as exciting lately because:
a) i'm lazy and haven't finished my other home decorating projects
b) we are running out of things to decorate. we only have 3 windows after all.
c) nothing new was on clearance

The really good things this week we out of the price range:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I then proceeded to go to Old Navy and be very very very bad. a hundred dollars worth of bad. It takes work to be 3-digit bad at Old Navy. And by work I mean a total lack of self-restraint.



....among other things
This is all rooting from being totally dissatisfied with my wardrobe. I'm planning on a total blitz attack on the closet when I can get up the strength. I'm going to make it difficult to look bad/boring by getting rid of all my clothes that are bad/boring. I know this seems obvious, but I thought it was brilliant when I thought of it on the toilet today.

The lesson to be learned here is that reading Vogue in a rural community is a bad idea. It makes one feel frustrated and stylistically impotent.

P.S. I can beat the dork factor of anyone else's saturday night plans today.....bowling with the computer science department. oh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home